What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Help me config ptrg to monitor server 2008

Votes:

In System information, table software not data available. Error: Access denied. Please check your Windows credentials. (code: PE095)

e-g prtg wmi

Created on Feb 15, 2017 3:17:48 AM

11 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Are the other System Information working? Are you able to add a "WMI-Service" sensor to the device? Please check the entered credentials in the device settings under "Credentials for Windows Systems".

Created on Feb 15, 2017 11:41:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, other System Information are working. I can add a "WMI-Service". But table software not data available. Error: Access denied. Please check your Windows credentials. (code: PE095) Please help me!

Created on Feb 16, 2017 2:28:52 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Is the "Remote Registry" Service successfully started on the remote machine? If not, please start it.

Created on Feb 16, 2017 7:57:08 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, The "Remote Registry" and "RPC" Service is successfully started on the remote machine, but still error.

Created on Feb 18, 2017 4:28:48 AM

Votes:

Hello Long,

Please elaborate your original request. Did you install PRTG Network Monitor on Windows Server 2008? What version of PRTG are you running at the moment? Please upload a screenshot covering the current error message.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 20, 2017 6:10:39 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I install prtg on Win 10. I monitor a device Win server 2008. In System information, table software not data available. Error: Access denied. Please check your Windows credentials. (code: PE095) Other System Information are working. I can add a "WMI-Service". The "Remote Registry" and "RPC" Service is successfully started on the remote machine

image Probe System Info: http://imgur.com/28GKMrw image Win server System Info: http://imgur.com/kKaOO5Q image Service enable: http://imgur.com/CHFtVvI

Created on Feb 21, 2017 7:35:24 AM

Votes:

Hello Long,

Thank you very much for the information. According to your attached screenshots it appears that the Windows Server 2008 (WIN-27344B42MMM) is not part of a domain, is that correct?

If so, please refer to this knowledge base article on "How can I monitor WMI sensors if the target machine is not part of a domain?". The described approaches also lead to your current issues, especially the first hint regarding the localhost entry in the device settings might help.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 21, 2017 8:17:43 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Have You a video or Step by step tutorial by image? I 'm from Viet Nam. I'm Poor English ability. I still can't fix Error: Access denied. Please check your Windows credentials. (code: PE095). Please help me.

Created on May 9, 2017 8:07:29 AM

Votes:

Hello Long,

Please confirm that the Windows 10 client (DESKTOP-RHTH0PS) and the Windows Server 2008 (WIN-27344B42MMM) are not connected to the same domain.
If so, please proceed the steps described in this article. You will agree that the article is pretty step-by-step, even though without screenshots.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on May 9, 2017 9:23:25 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The Windows 10 client (DESKTOP-RHTH0PS) and the Windows Server 2008 (WIN-27344B42MMM) are 2 PC in workgroup. I don't understand Your article. I Monitoring windown server 2008 with a local user "administrator". It has all permission. The table Software still "no data available".

My error is (code: PE095). It is not 80070005 error. Sensor WMI work normally. But table software no data available. I feel helpless.Please help me!

Created on May 14, 2017 3:29:51 AM

Votes:

Hello Long,

Please contact us directly as we need some more information, which are better transported by email than in our knowledge base.

Please refer to this thread when opening a support case.

Thank you in advance.
Sebastian

Created on May 15, 2017 6:30:27 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.