What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Searching in PRTG

Votes:

Is there a way to search for a string in a sensors name including any spaces, ie "1 GBit/s". If I search for that is includes anything with a "1" or "GBit/s".

bulk-edit search sensor

Created on Feb 21, 2017 1:40:41 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear nocDan

As an alternative, you could this URL to generate a list of all sensors and then use the browser's search function. The webbrowser URL for that list is

/sensors.htm?count=*

However it can take some time to build that page since it will include all your sensors.

Created on Feb 21, 2017 8:08:19 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne,

Not really what I'm after. I'm trying to add alert threshold to multiple sensor channels that match a certain criteria. Such as all 1 GBit/s switchport as I can't set the thresholds by percentage (not without setting the bandwidth first, which gives me the same problem). So what I'm trying to do in this case is set a warning is all switchports reach 80% utilisation whether they be 10Mbps, 1Gbps, 10Gbps etc.

Created on Feb 24, 2017 10:04:39 AM

Votes:

I am sorry, there is no easy solution for that. The space acts as separator for searches and cannot be included into the search itself. A complex option would be to read sensor type and name via the API and change the limits via the API. However setting this up will probably take at least as much time as changing the sensors manually.

Created on Feb 24, 2017 11:47:22 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I am also searching for a way to search strings including the space caracter, like for example "IP phone" . In vi or regex special caracters are losing their special interpretation if they are preceded by the catacter "\" . Can't this feature be implemented in PRTG ? best regards.

Created on Oct 21, 2019 12:28:34 PM

Votes:

Dear Felix,

the PRTG search only supports literal search, but no regex evaluation. Feature requests can be made through this page.

Created on Oct 21, 2019 1:58:22 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.