What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

differents states of MIB

Votes:

How to know the different states of a MIB? For example, I have a device that returns me the value 5. How to know the state of this value 5?

mib snmp state

Created on Mar 15, 2017 8:44:30 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear maianoinfo,

Thank you very much for your KB-posting.

Please open the MIB-file with our MIB-Importer to see the Lookups of the entries (if there are some defined for this distinct entry).

For further details, please refer to this KB-article.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Mar 15, 2017 9:30:30 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello and thank you for your answer. And in the case of probes already present in prtg? I have a probe to monitor the hardware status of my ESX, how do I know their values ​​because I do not have a MIB?

Created on Mar 15, 2017 9:46:10 AM

Votes:

Dear maianoinfo,

• In case that you use a SNMP Custom sensor, please forward us the used OID.
  • In case that you use a SNMP Library sensor, please open a new support ticket (using the TicketNo PAE840442) and forward us the appropriate oidlib-file which can be found under
    C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Mar 15, 2017 10:08:38 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.