What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Looking for physical SMS Gateway compatible with PRTG

Votes:

Hello,

In order to send SMS in non-business hours, i am looking for a SMS Gateway compatible with PRTG that I can to connect in my LAN.

What kind of Gateway can I use?

Best regards.

sms sms-gateway sms-notification

Created on Apr 24, 2017 12:43:19 PM

7 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello there,

Basically every SMS gateway that has an HTTP API should work well. Please find here an example for SMSEagle showing this in more detail.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Apr 24, 2017 2:18:14 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Erhard,

Thanks for your answer.

Created on Apr 24, 2017 2:48:53 PM

Votes:

Hello,

In the interests of redundancy, do you know if it's possible to use two SMS Gateway on PRTG, like SMSEagle? For information, I have a PRTG cluster on two physical servers.

Best regards.

Created on May 8, 2017 3:24:53 PM

Votes:

Hello again,

You can configure only one SMS gateway, there is no fallback option as with the SMTP delivery options. The master in a cluster also mirrors basically all the configuration details regarding notifications to the failover. So the configured SMTP server(s) and SMS gateway need to be reachable from master and failover, otherwise you lose notification capabilities on the failover, when it indeed needs to take over, because the master is down.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 9, 2017 8:54:54 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have an idea...

We have two physical servers with 4 NIC. Actually, we only use one card per server. We want to connect the SMS Gateway on each servers on another NIC, with IP address and private network visible only for the server wich have the gateway. The idea is that Gateway will use the same configuration, so the same IP, so the same custom URL would be used.

In order to understand our project, please see the schema. Project
Project (enlarge)

Would it be possible?

Thank you and best regards,

Created on May 10, 2017 8:14:55 AM

Votes:

If you can make sure that the failover reaches a different gateway by the same IP as it is configured on the master, then yes, it should work.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 11, 2017 11:04:48 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Great!

Thanks for your response

Created on May 11, 2017 11:33:40 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.