What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG map for specific sensor

Votes:

Trying to create a custom HTM map that will display all sensors with a specific tag having a very difficult time writing it. Does anyone have an example they use? or a cookie cutter template I could build from?

maps prtg sensor

Created on May 1, 2017 4:58:19 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

What are you trying to achieve in the end? There is already a tag filtering setting on the map's "Settings" tab that might do what you want. To quote the manual regarding this option:

This setting affects table map objects. Enter one or more tags separated by spaces or commas to include sensors in tables. Only sensors with one of the tags entered here will appear in this map's data tables, including sensors that inherit tags from parent objects. Please enter a string or leave the field empty.

For some map objects like sunburst and treemap, the tag filter applies to devices, groups, and probes. If you use only tags of sensors, these map objects will not appear on the map. Filtering sunburst and treemap objects with multiple tags may not work properly and is not officially supported.

Use this setting with care because it will affect all tables of the current map!

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 1, 2017 5:23:31 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Looking to display all my NTP sensors so at a glance we can see what is out of sync

Created on May 1, 2017 5:26:28 PM

Votes:

The SNTP Sensor comes with a tag "sntpsensor", so you could use this one in field "Tag Filter" in the map's "Settings" tab.

You can then use for example data table "Sensors Alphabetically" or "Sensors In Tree Order" and the table will only contain sensors with tag "sntpsensor". You might want to make sure however that each SNTP Sensor has channel "Difference" set as primary channel, since those tables usually show only the last value of a sensor's primary channel.

In case that works for you, but you need a different sorting in the table, let me know, then we can further explain how to create a data-table with different sorting.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 2, 2017 8:18:31 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same question but another story! I want to add many objects on my map that will contain specific sensors with specific tags. For ex. i want to add view Status Donuts -> All sensors state for a specific sensors with a specific tags, is it possible to make? A done this with "Top10 Bandwidth Highest" tables, i create copy of "Top10 CPUs Most Used.htm" from work directory, make a correction with line filter_tags="@tag(<@tagfilterstring> %2bcpuloadsensor)" and change existing tag to my own filter_tags="@tag(<@tagfilterstring> %2bMYTAG)", this work perfectly and i can sort this table with devices i need (not a group from Device Tree), but i can do the same with another types of views.

Created on Sep 27, 2018 4:39:57 PM

Votes:

Hello Vasiliy,

The donut map object currently cannot be "convinced" to filter based on tags. Feel free to propose this as described here, other user will see this then as well and can upvote it, so we have some indication about how "popular" the demand is for this feature.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 28, 2018 12:23:07 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.