What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Where can I find MIB files for my device?

Votes:

Where can I find MIB files for my switch, router, or other device that I can convert to .oidlib files for use with PRTG?

device download installation mib planning prtg router

Created on Feb 9, 2010 4:19:22 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jan 17, 2023 12:46:18 PM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22

Where to find MIB files

Note: Before you spend your time searching for Management Information Base (MIB) files and custom OIDs, check built-in SNMP libraries of PRTG first and start an auto-discovery.

PRTG then automatically creates sensors and channels for all available monitoring objects. If your device is not covered, you can start searching for custom MIBs/OIDs.

1. Often, device-specific MIB files are available on the manufacturer's website. If you do not find MIB files there, contact the manufacturer's customer support.

2. You can also search in general databases on the internet. The following websites offer an extensive selection of MIB files:

More links and resources can be found at SNMPLink.org.

Once you have found the MIB files you need, see How can I import my MIB files into PRTG? for instructions on how to use them.

More

Created on Feb 9, 2010 4:21:18 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jan 18, 2023 10:03:04 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Votes:

"More links and resources can be found at SNMPLink.org."

The embedded link for SNMPLink.org has changed to http://www.snmplink.org/resource/mib/. Please update it for everyone's benefit.

Created on May 21, 2021 1:01:50 PM

Votes:

Hello Viswanathan,

Thank you very much for your message. I have updated the link accordingly.

Have a great day.

Created on May 24, 2021 7:00:39 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.