What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

UP/Down Notification

Votes:

Hell there,

I'm setting up Alerts to be sent to our HipChat Server. I got it working but i'm stuck on getting the color to change to reflect the sensor state.

For example: If a sensor goes "down" I'm getting a red background with the message, but when it goes back "up" its still red.

Is there a way i can change that to it can be "red=down""green=up""yellow=warning"

I tried setting up multiple notification for different colors but unable to configure a "UP" notification.

I followed this link "https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61013-can-prtg-integrate-with-hipchat" which helped a lot but stuck here: "If you created separate PRTG Notifications for Up/Down you can set color=red and color=green appropriately."

Can someone please point me into the right direction?

I need one notification to be "red=down" another to be "green=up" and another to be "yellow=warning"

Thank you in advance.

down hipchat up

Created on May 9, 2017 7:16:20 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

The thing behind "one notification for UP and one for DOWN" is, that you have to create two notifications under "Setup > Account Settings > Notifications". There you can append the "red=down" and "green=up" parameter to the HTTP Action URL. Afterwards create a new trigger for a sensor/group/device and choose the Down notification for "When Sensor down for..." and the Up notification for "When condition clears".

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a trigger for the specific "UP"-State.

Best regards

Created on May 10, 2017 8:37:14 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

@Dariusz, thank you very much for the info. It solved my equation!!..

Created on May 10, 2017 5:09:28 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.