What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't run PRTG after install

Votes:

I have now tried four times to install PRTG with no success;

Windows 10, 8GB, i5 3.30GHz

When it comes to the end of the install process it tries to start and I see this;

Please wait until PRTG's web server is running...
Connecting to: http://127.0.0.1/home
failed...: Socket Error # 10013
Access denied.

This error just then keeps occurring and you have to close the program.

I have uninstalled three times, including manual directory deletion and registry entry removal. I have also been into the admin tool to set the password.

Please help :-)

installation prtg socket-error

Created on Jun 29, 2017 8:52:48 AM

Last change on Jul 3, 2017 10:04:35 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello spencerw,
thank you for your KB-Post.

If you have active software maintenance I encourage you to raise a support ticket, this way you can have 1:1 contact to a tech support engineer and we'll able to communicate more easily.

Essentially the error only tells us that the "post-install" wasn't able to contact the webserver. I encourage you to run the PRTG Administration tool and check under which IP/Port the PRTG Server will run:

After you've identified/configured the port that PRTG will use, try to reach it with any modern web-browser.

Make sure no other software/application is occupying the ports that PRTG will use. By default, 80 and 443.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 3, 2017 11:46:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.