What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco class-map traffic monitor

Votes:

Hi ,

We have our WAN router which is configured with a policy-map to outside to limit bandwidth for several IP subnets within our LAN. I want to monitor the class traffic within this policy-map to get an idea of the bandwidth which the several IP subnets are assigned to. Is this possible with prtg. Please advise.

prtg qos traffic-monitoring

Created on Jul 24, 2017 8:23:14 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello ccjayanath,

Thank you very much for your kb post.

The only standard sensor that refers to Cisco's classes is PRTG's built-in SNMP Cisco (CBQoS) sensor. If this is no what you are looking for you'll need to write a SNMP Custom sensor.

It might be possible that a SNMP Custom Table sensor can be used, however I am not familiar if the requested information are provided by the device via SNMP. An exemplary approach can be found here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 26, 2017 8:32:46 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi ccjayanath

Finally, did you monitored the specific the class traffic? I have the same need.

Created on Feb 7, 2019 3:15:02 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

at least from our side, there is no new information that I can offer. My answer is still valid.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 8, 2019 7:48:15 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.