What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable alarm on ping sensors

Votes:

I would like to disable the alarm on ping sensors for a specific group. My users turn their workstations off at night, and there is no value in having the ping sensor throw an alarm. I would still like the other sensors to be disabled when a ping is not returned. I saw This topic:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/43603-non-alarming-ping

and it appears that 5 years ago it was not possible to do this, is this an option now?

alarms disable ping-sensor

Created on Aug 19, 2017 12:25:24 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the Kb-Post. The options to tackle this are still the same. We strongly recommend using the Auto-Acknowledge Option on Ping sensors here. It was implemented exactly for those type of devices, which are shut down not as regular for a schedule to be viable.
You will still get alerts then on such types of devices if disk space is low, if according sensors are set up on the device.

best regards.

Created on Aug 21, 2017 1:16:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

While I read the solutions in that post, like the OP in that topic I would like to remove the alert icon from those hosts as it's a false alarm. Personally I think that you should be able to disable the alarm state for any sensor. It's disappointing that there are no additional options around this.

Created on Aug 21, 2017 2:57:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.