What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to play sensor

Votes:

Hello,

In my environment I have more then 300 sensor, some of them are paused because I reached the sensor limit. I want to pause one of them and to play another. It is a syslog sensor it say Paused "(exceeds group sensor limit)". If I delete or pause one sensor another automatically play. How can I choose which sensor to play ?

thank you in advance.

limit paused sensor

Created on Oct 9, 2017 4:03:34 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Generalfinance,

Actually, it's not possible to define which sensors are paused if the maximum number is exceeded. I recommend to either pause the superfluous sensors as this manual pause status does not count into the total number of sensors contrary to the paused status if to many sensors are active.

You can of course also buy a commercial license in our shop. Commercial licenses start with 500 sensors.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 10, 2017 12:01:28 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm running into the same situation, on the eval - unlimited sensors. i currently have 20 sensors active, 2 are paused.....

What am i missing?

Created on Oct 19, 2021 2:22:23 PM

Votes:

Hello there,
Are you logged in with an administrative account which is allowed to see all sensors?

Can you please upload a screenshot of the Setup > PRTG Status > Database Object page; how many sensors are listed there?

Additionally, also share a screenshot of the sensor status overview at the upper right page indicating how many sensors are in a particular state at the moment.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 20, 2021 4:56:33 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Its the Eval version and i haven't added or changed any IDs.

No idea how to upload. Copy /paste doesn't work in this reply field.

Created on Oct 20, 2021 3:31:27 PM

Votes:

Hello Ken,

You can upload it to a page of your choice and then link it as described here.

You can also forward the screenshot to [email protected], please refer to this Knowledge Base post in your reply then.

The Trial Version of PRTG does not have any limits for 30 days. The 30 days start to count when you first installed the software on the host. So if you installed our PRTG in the past, you can either install the trial on a new machine, or get in touch with us via email so that we can prolong your trial key.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 21, 2021 5:31:43 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.