What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Small alarms is showing unwanted alarms for the whole infrastructure

Votes:

Hello. I am the new administrator in my company that will take care of the prtg monitoring. My first job after reading manuals and watching videos on the website is to rearrange the maps of our company. For a simple new map of group with 8 virtual machines of i want to use 'Alarms small' in 'Data tables' along with some other stuff. I notice that even that in the table are visualized the alarms for the group on the top next to the name of the group i can see all the info for all alarms for the whole infrastructure (alarms, ack'ed alarms, warnings, unusual). The point of this map is for "less technical" colleagues of my to watch it but they get confused by the alarms showing on top that are not for the group they use. I like alarms small because it show simplified info for a group without unwanted alarm info and i am planing to make such a simple maps for the whole infrastructure.

So finally my question - Is this on purpose (the whole story about showing alarm for the whole infrastructure even that i selected this group with only 8 VM) or it is some bug. Thank you and have a great day.

group maps prtg small-alarms

Created on Oct 24, 2017 7:59:06 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Gsimov,

I believe I visualize what you are saying, but any chance you can post a sanitized screen shot? Markup options including posting pictures can be found here: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/11-what-markup-codes-can-i-use-to-format-my-questions-and-answers-in-the-paessler-knowledge-base

Thanks, Randolfini

Created on Dec 14, 2017 2:09:15 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.