What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I disable the add sensor item in the device tree view

Votes:

Hello,

In version 17.4.35, while I appreciate the new interface, I would like to remove all of the numerous "Add Sensor" buttons on every line in the device tree view under Medium view. I would also like to make each item wider so I can see more of the name and details as well as to adjust the font size/icon size down to make them stretch across the screen more. I am unable to find any item under Settings or Management to adjust this.

Thank You, Jason

sensor settings view

Created on Nov 28, 2017 5:19:26 AM

9 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the KB-Post. All these minor tweaks, like removing certain objects as well as changing (font) sizes are only possible through CSS customisations of the web interface. And with all things customising, there isn't official support on it I'm afraid.

best regards.

Created on Nov 28, 2017 1:13:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 16, 2019 10:35:39 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there somewhere to submit change requests or recommendations? I would also like to see the "Add Sensor" button disappear from every row on my device tree. There are currently plenty of different ways to get a sensor added to a device, this appears to be overkill in my opinion.

Created on Jan 15, 2018 9:27:51 PM

Votes:

jhanson, thank you for the KB-Post. You can absolutely post feature requests here in the KB, where other users then can publicly agree for a request. Consider this particular one noted. Thank you!

Created on Jan 16, 2018 8:46:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Please add an option to hide this, this is triggering the hell out of me to see hundreds of "Add Sensor" buttons.

Created on Jan 20, 2018 1:57:14 PM

Votes:

cannot upvote, so i write it down here. same request for me, too. thanks in advance

Created on Jan 22, 2018 8:37:53 AM

Votes:

Ahhh, much better - works, thanks.

Created on Jan 22, 2018 7:16:15 PM

Votes:

I agree with the other posters on this one. Had PRTG for years and the add sensor just adds clutter. If you're a user of PRTG, you know how to add a sensor - you don't need to be handheld. It makes my eyes want to check the add sensor button for a "status" and it's a waste of time. Please remove the add sensor button, right click is the best way.

Created on Jan 23, 2018 1:53:16 PM

Votes:

Just upgraded from year 2017 to latest. +1, "Add Sensor" sensor is annoying.

Please Vote on the topic.

Also, add a tag 'prtg-kbtracker' or smth.

Created on Jul 16, 2019 9:16:50 AM

Votes:

If you wish to open a Feature Request on this (because this discussion isn't a Feature Request I'm afraid), please follow: How Can I Propose New Features or Sensors for PRTG?

Created on Jul 16, 2019 10:36:50 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.