What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

moving server from windows 2003

Votes:

I have to move our prtg installation from windows 2003 since it is not supported any more.

The move instructions state that we need to install the same version on the new server: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/413-how-can-i-move-migrate-my-prtg-installation-to-another-computer

Our version is 15.4.20.4775. We cannot find this version to download and install on the new server. And when we try to use the install present in the installation archive in our server folder, it says it has expired.

So, how can we move our old instalation to a new server?

This is the free 100 sensors version (we had bought it before it was free).

Thank you. Duarte Carreira

move upgrade windows-2003

Created on Dec 18, 2017 3:23:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Duarte,

Thank you very much for your contact.

I'm afraid that we cannot provide old PRTG installers. We do this for numerous reasons and this is unlikely to change. However, please note that PRTG does automatically backup the installer of the current version in the following directory on the PRTG Core Server:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Installer Archive

Should you locate a previous commercial installer in these folders on your old server, you're free to keep using them indefinitely and to install this version on the new server to proceed the migration.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 19, 2017 12:44:50 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.