What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hide Groups/Probes in custom map

Votes:

Hello, where using PRTG now for some years. Till now we never have used the map feature. I'm now taking my first steps in creating a custom map.

The main part of the custom map is the object "sunburst". How can I hide specific groups and probes (who are paused permanent*)?

Hope you guys can help me.

Best regards Julian Martucci

• the devices are permanent offline because the devices are disassemble and they could be go online at any time. Thats the reason why we won't delete them.

custom-maps hide maps

Created on Apr 6, 2018 7:08:43 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

It would be better to use the custom map object below. To use it, please create a new "Library" under "Libraries" with the groups/probes that should be displayed. Afterwards you can display this Library in a Sunburst:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/59942-how-can-i-use-a-status-icon-of-a-device-in-maps-which-only-considers-specific-sensors

Best regards.

Created on Apr 6, 2018 9:58:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, thank you four your fast reply. I tested it and it worked fine. The only thing disturbing me, is that each probe is shown in an own node. Is it posible to hide the nodes in the custom map object?

Created on Apr 9, 2018 11:41:43 AM

Votes:

Hi Julian,

Unfortunately, that is not possible as there is no option in the background to do something like this.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 9, 2018 11:59:04 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm sorry i have also another question: Is it possible to edit the object graph (30 days, small writing) so that it works with the library like the sunburst?

{code}

Created on Apr 9, 2018 12:00:03 PM

Last change on Apr 10, 2018 9:12:09 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

Do you mean the Live/24h.. Graph Objects? If not, what specific object do you mean?

Best regards.

Created on Apr 9, 2018 12:51:14 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately, that is not possible as there is no option in the background to do something like this.

That is really a pity. We have the circumstance that the most devices were monitored with remote probes. To make a more clear view than in the view "Gruppe - Hauptgruppe" i made a custom map with your hint. I can't understand why a library is adding for each probe a "node". With those "nodes" i have again Informations i don't need/want. In the end i think i can live more with the "nodes" than with seeing not used groups or probes.

Do you mean the Live/24h.. Graph Objects? If not, what specific object do you mean? I mean this specific object (sorry i have it only in german, since the installation is in german): Graphen -> 30 Tage (große Schrift)

My question here is: Is it taken the data from all probes/devices in the maingroup? If yes, is it possible to create a custom map object which uses my library? It's similar to my first problem. If possible, I don't want the object to include not used probes/devices which could falsify the output.

Last but not least: I integrated the object "Datentabellen -> Alarme (klein)" as custom map object with another column to show the parent of the device. The reason is that our device names are a little bit criptic so named the remote probes (the parents) after the related places of the devices. I managed it that the custom map object shows the new column but i failed to fill it with data.

Thank you really much for your patience!

Created on Apr 10, 2018 8:58:52 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

I am sorry but it is also not possible to create a graph from a library or a special set of sensors/devices.

For the Alarms Small object, you could use the "Group"-Column instead to show the group where the device is added to.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 11, 2018 8:21:50 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.