What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with SNMP Compatibility Option

Votes:

Hi there,

Is there any chance i could change the snmp compatibility option of the interfaces (snmp traffic sensors) Which I've been manually added?

I've added some sensors manually and some of them by auto discovery , sensors which have been added by auto discovery will change after the changes in snmp compatibility options but the manually added ones remain with the old configuration. since i've important historic data on the manually added ones i'm not be able to remove them and add them with auto discovery once again.

i've seen a top due to my problem, it mentioned that : "but you're strongly advised to remove and re-deploy your SNMP Traffic sensors to also apply the new Port Identification setting" , seriously what should i do? i cannot remove all of my snmp traffic sensors , i've approximately about 9k sensors with extremely important historic data , what's your suggestion about this issue?

interface snmp-compatibility snmp-traffic-sensors

Created on Jun 10, 2018 5:09:39 AM

Last change on Jun 11, 2018 5:33:19 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you for the KB post. I'm afraid it's not quite clear to which changes you are referring to? Which changes do you mean, would happen on automatically added, but not on manually added sensors?
I'm asking because there shouldn't be such a differentiation. There is one in the SNMP compatibility options regarding the port name update, this refers to sensor names only. So sensors names won't be changed (when the monitored port is renamed on the actual device) if the sensor was renamed manually once.

best regards.

Created on Jun 11, 2018 12:08:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.