What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[IMPLEMENTED] Two-Factor (2FA) Implementation

Votes:

Want this feature implemented? Please upvote! Posts in this thread won't be published. Read Me!

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to use Two-Factor (2FA) authentication with PRTG in order to secure the login process.

Details of User Story

Two-Factor (2FA) has become more or less the standard for logging into security-critical appliances, which PRTG is. It would be great if we could have it, in addition to the passwords (be it via an extra form or appended to the password).

Acceptance Criteria

• It should be based on either of the many authenticator apps (Google, Microsoft, Sophos)
  • There should be fallback codes for print available when enabling Two-Factor (2FA) for an account (phone lost)
  • I should be able to save my device for a certain period of time (e.g. one day) to avoid the permanent need of a new code
  • Maybe it could be integrated into the native PRTG app as well?
  • Look into compatibility with DUO Authentication

Status

Implemented: SSO with Microsoft Entra ID is available as of PRTG 21.2.68.

2fa 2factor add-feature prtg-kbtracker

Created on Aug 30, 2018 7:41:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 16, 2023 2:12:55 PM by  Yasodhara Das [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Thank you very much! We received a lot of feedback from you regarding the login to PRTG with

• multi-factor authentication (MFA) and
  • single sign-on (SSO).

Based on your feedback, we decided to implement support for Microsoft Entra ID (previously Azure Active Directory) as authentication provider first. By leveraging Microsoft Entra ID you can make use not only of SSO, but also of MFA (based on your security configuration). If you want to learn more about multi-factor authentication for Microsoft Entra ID, see How can I enable Microsoft Entra ID Multi-Factor Authentication?

This was released with PRTG version 21.2.68.1492 on May 26, 2021.

Created on Aug 7, 2020 12:21:45 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Oct 16, 2023 12:54:24 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.