What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I add multiple workstations in 1 time?

Votes:

Hello,

Lets say I have a company with around 20 people that all have their own workstation that I would want to monitor. For example, see when their RAM is getting too high, or when their C: is getting too full, will I have to add them all manually?

Because if you want to add a workstation you'd have to supply the software with each user's own username and password. How would I do that if I would want to monitor 60 different servers?

Regards,

manual server workstation

Created on Sep 5, 2018 2:34:49 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sven,

You can use the auto-discovery to discover a list of devices. You can find it in the settings of a group in PRTG.

Are the workstations part of a domain? If so, you can use an AD user in the "Credentials for Windows Devices" in the settings of the group. If not, you can take a look at this article for the WMI requirements for workstations which are not part of a domain: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/75435-logging-in-to-wmi-in-a-non-domain-network

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 6, 2018 10:31:15 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.