What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[OPEN] Device-Name Placeholder for Sensor Names

Votes:

Want this feature implemented? Please upvote! Posts in this thread won't be published. Read Me!

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to be able to use the %device placeholder in sensor names.

Details of User Story

To be able to give sensors a more meaningful name and to save configuration time especially in large PRTG installations, the %device variable should become available for existing and newly created sensors.

Acceptance criteria

• The %device placeholder should add the name of the device to a sensor
  • The %device placeholder should work in device templates

Status

Open

add-feature placeholders prtg-kbtracker

Created on Sep 7, 2018 1:01:33 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 28, 2018 7:32:30 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi all, i suggested a more gobal feature which contains this one in https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/90981-open-customize-default-naming-for-devices-and-sensors-global-custom-naming-conventions. Please upvote. Best, Matin

Created on Oct 28, 2022 9:04:29 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.