What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[OPEN] Acknowledge Sensors In Warning State

Votes:

Want this feature implemented? Please upvote! Posts in this thread won't be published. Read Me!

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to acknowledge warning states (since they appear often within our environment).

Details of User Story

Let's imagine I'm monitoring a disk store. I have a warning threshold set at 15% free space and an error at 5%. It's 10:30 pm at night and I get a warning notification. I sign on to PRTG and note that space has been depleting at a slow and steady pace for several months so there's little chance it will fill up overnight. I determine it can wait until morning.

I want to "acknowledge" this alert so A) I stop getting email notifications and B) my co-workers know I've seen it. What can I do? Currently, my options are: 1) Pause the alert. The downside to this is it stops monitoring and the disk COULD fill up overnight without my knowing it. 2) Adjust the threshold. The downside here is that I then need to remember to change it back later. 3) Allow the warnings to continue emailing me and my team every 15/30/60 minutes until morning.

It would be incredibly useful to be able to acknowledge the warning so the email alerts would stop but the sensor would keep polling in case the state changes back to normal OR gets worse and becomes an error.

Acceptance criteria

Ability to acknowledge warning states, just like the current down states.

Status

Open

add-feature prtg-kbtracker warning-state

Created on Sep 12, 2018 6:57:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 28, 2018 7:27:10 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.