What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSL Days to Expire wrong

Votes:

I added multiple SSL cert sensors, and one of them is showing the wrong info. The days to expire are way off (3430 days instead of 83)

Also had a warning in the check revocation status, but turned that channel off as suggested in this topic : https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/67989-what-does-warning-in-revoked:-unable-to-check-revocation-status-mean

expire ssl ssl-certificate

Created on Sep 18, 2018 1:07:48 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Is the website available publicly so I could check this? Is the SNI actually correct (so that it points to the correct vhost)?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 18, 2018 3:11:08 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It was the SNI. I didn't add a domain to the Virtual Host (SNI Domain) field. After entering the domain name the problem was solved.

Created on Sep 19, 2018 5:46:34 AM

Votes:

Nice :) Glad it's resolved now.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 19, 2018 6:59:04 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 19, 2018 7:00:55 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I added the a domain in the SNI field, but the days to expire are in my sensor still not accurate: 3346 instead of 40 days. Can you please advice?

Created on Sep 21, 2021 8:37:42 AM

Votes:

Hi,

It depends on the name or IP address that has been entered into the device. Did you entered the correct values?

Created on Sep 22, 2021 8:50:30 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.