What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Enterprise Console Crashing

Votes:

I have started having an issue where the Enterprise Console will crash after running for only a short amount of time.

It will keep throwing message boxes that say:

Enterprise Console Access violation at address 00B25B66 in module 'PRTG Enterprise Console.exe'. Read of address 00000048. [ OK ]

I tried updating to the latest build thinking it might have been a bug that got fixed but no change. I suspect it happened when I added a new device using a custom OID, and further added an advanced custom SNMP sensor however I cannot remove these right now as I need to keep a close eye on them. Everything is fine in the web interface.

As it is a program crash, I thought it might be something support would be interested in seeing?

I am running PRTG 18.3.43.2323 on Windows 10 x64.

crash crashing enterprise-console

Created on Sep 21, 2018 11:18:27 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Please switch over to the EC successor, PRTG Desktop and let me know if that works better :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 21, 2018 12:27:17 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am having this issue as well, but only for one of my remote probes. The other 5 have no issue.

An answer of "switch to the EC successor, PRTG Desktop" is not a valid solution!! That tool is still in development. I have paid to use the EC as well as support for all it's existing functions.

Created on Oct 10, 2018 3:53:17 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. While PRTG Desktop might still be "in development", we already recommend it for production and most of our customers like to work with it. However, I understand that it might not be a viable solution for you at this point int time.

As for the issue, it only crashes when you're pointing it to a specific remote probe and/or subnodes of the same? Does it have a special name or anything like that, like quotes, single quotes within it?

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 11, 2018 6:57:30 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.