What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to change default Disk Free space channel

Votes:

Hello I am seeking for a solution to change default disk free space channel setting from 25% to another value( for example I want change 25% to 7% and 7% set to my default threshold for any new disk sensor which is added.how I can set it?

Thanks

channel disk free-space

Created on Sep 27, 2018 10:24:09 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Sara,

I'm afraid those default limits are hardcoded and cannot be changed. But you can create a device template that contains the sensor then with adjusted limits. Just make sure to create the template based on a device that only has one disk, otherwise those other drives get hardcoded into the template, which leads then to creating channels for those disks no matter whether they exist or not.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 28, 2018 6:44:48 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Erhard for your reply But i want a solution for adding manual sensors.Template is not a good solution.

Created on Sep 28, 2018 8:23:51 AM

Votes:

Hello Sara,

Then I have no solution for you, I'm afraid. Please see here if you like to propose this as a feature request.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 28, 2018 9:08:38 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am using the sensor "SSH Disk Free" for Linux. I also thought that the value 25% is fixed in PRTG (12/2020), but it is not. This is how to change it:

Go to the "settings" tab of the sensor "SSH Disk Free"

You will find the section: "Set Limits Checked For ALL Disks"

• Size Limit Check -> Activate "Use the limits of both the sensor and the channel settings"
  • Lower Warning Limit: 10
  • Lower Error Limit: 7

Created on Dec 16, 2020 3:36:02 PM

Last change on Dec 16, 2020 4:07:45 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the update regarding this matter. It's indeed possible to change the limits defined for the Disk Free sensors including the WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Disk) sensor.

Regards.

Created on Dec 16, 2020 4:10:09 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 16, 2020 4:10:33 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.