What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Business Process channels.

Votes:

Hello! I created Business Process sensors and add severals channels to it, but after i understand that some of them are unnecessary i can't delete them. I can't find this options, is it possible to delete those channels?

business-process business-process-sensor channels delete prtg

Created on Oct 1, 2018 11:14:07 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

In PRTG, there's no sensor that can have its channels deleted properly - simply recreate the sensor :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 1, 2018 8:14:03 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm disappointed in this answer. We should be able to delete a channel after creating it.

Created on Dec 11, 2019 7:24:29 PM

Votes:

This is due to the current backend of PRTG not allowing the deletion of channels. While we're currently evaluating other options for the backend, this will be the status quo for the next year or two, I'm afraid.

Created on Dec 12, 2019 8:57:04 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 12, 2019 8:57:19 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Since you can "Disable" this channels, this is not big problem for me. To disable the channel delete all "Objects" from the sensor Settings and the channel become "Inactive", recreating the sensor is much more complicated in case you need exclude some channels. Unfortunalely PRTG has a lot of weirdness this kind, but in most times you have a simple workaround.

Created on Dec 12, 2019 11:11:19 AM

Votes:

@vasiliy Thanks for chiming in! :)

Created on Dec 12, 2019 11:21:36 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.