What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Top talkers per protocol

Votes:

Trying to get some usage statistics regarding a particular application, but data from the "Other" channel is polluting my results. I've created a custom Netflow v9 sensor and correctly added my custom channel (Channel #1, a couple of UDP ports). Also, I've already edited channel 0 ("Other") to be hidden in graphs and tables. The graphs and tables look good, but I cannot seem to get rid of "Other" in the Top Talkers and Top Connections lists. When I tried to work around it by giving my custom channel an ID of 0, PRTG could not create the sensor. Is it possible to completely disregard or remove the "Other" channel data, or is it built in and not removable?

Thanks! Dennis

channel netflow other

Created on Oct 1, 2018 3:43:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Dennis,

For this sensor, the Other channel is not removeable. Only within the 'normal' NetFlow v9 sensor, upon creation. Which is less customizable to your needs, unfortunately.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 2, 2018 11:03:36 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.