What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG unable to connect to MySQL

Votes:

Hi, I am trying to configure sensor to Mysql on default port with specific user id and password. But during discovery I am getting "unable to connect to any of the specified Mysql hosts".

Please help.

mysql mysql-v2-sensor prtg-network-monitor

Created on Oct 9, 2018 11:57:54 AM

12 Replies

Votes:

Is the PRTG Server itself allowed to connect via this IP? Is a different SQL Client (like HeidiSQL or SQLyog) able to connect?

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 9, 2018 2:59:36 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, PRTG is allowed to connect. I am able to connect to MS SQL Server without any issues.

Created on Oct 10, 2018 6:12:27 AM

Votes:

Are you using Kerberos or SQL authentication? If the former, did you configure the Windows credentials accordingly? If the latter, please make sure that database credentials are entered and that there's no domain configured in the Windows authentication section. Also ensure that the port is configured correctly within the sensor.

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 10, 2018 6:29:14 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am using SQL Authentication for Mysql with userid and password. Port is default Mysql 3306

Created on Oct 10, 2018 8:55:40 AM

Votes:

What is it now, MSSQL or MySQL? Since you referred to MS SQL in your previous post :)

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 10, 2018 9:01:48 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In previous post I mentioned able to connect to MSSQL but not able to make connections to MySQL. Its Mysql which is having this issues. "unable to connect to any of the specified Mysql hosts"

Created on Oct 10, 2018 9:12:55 AM

Votes:

Its MySQL issue. Previous post mentioned that I am successfully able to make connections to MS SQL Server. The current issue in on MySQL

Created on Oct 10, 2018 9:16:55 AM

Votes:

These are two very different things. Please try a MySQL client on the PRTG Server and see if it can connect successfully to the MySQL database.

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 10, 2018 9:45:48 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Please mark the this as closed. Was able to fix the issue.

Created on Oct 10, 2018 9:49:09 AM

Votes:

Hey there! Since I have the same problem, it would be very nice if you could describe how you solved the issue.

Created on May 20, 2020 2:36:17 PM

Votes:

Saludos a todos, tengo el mismo problema pero nunca publicaron la solución:

No funciona el sensor MySQLv2. Ya hice pruebas con el cliente de base de datos Heidi instalado en el mismo servidor PRTG.

El mensaje de error es: XML: Structural error un xml dile, 6 opens ítems. JSON: El JSON devuelto no coincide con la estructura que se esperaba (No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multibyte code page). (código: PE231)

Gracias por cualquier ayuda

English version

Greetings to all, I have the same problem but you never published the solution:

MySQLv2 sensor is not working, I already tested with Heidi database client installed on the same PRTG server.

The error message is: XML: Structural error an xml dile, 6 opens items. JSON: The returned JSON does not match the expected structure (No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multibyte code page). (code: PE231)

Thanks for any help

Created on Feb 2, 2021 12:48:35 AM

Last change on Feb 2, 2021 6:47:22 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Can you please enable the option Store result in the sensor settings, execute a manual scan of the sensor and then provide the content of the log file "Result of Sensor id.txt" generated under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\sensors".

Please, make sure that there is no confidential information.

I also invite you to check the requirements

Regards.

Created on Feb 4, 2021 9:27:05 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 4, 2021 9:27:40 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.