What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User access rights to notifications only

Votes:

I've been searching the Knowledge base for a solution, but so far haven't found anything close to what I'm trying to reach.

I created a new user group and added a new user to it. This group has only access to a specific group of devices. So far all goes well. However, I want to limit this user so they can't change or add new sensors, but I want to let them manage their notifications themselves. So if they want to receive a notification on a specific sensor when it goes down for example, I want them to add this themselves. Is this possible? If I create the user as Read-Only, they cannot add notifications. Same goes if I give the user group only read access to the device group, they don't have the ability to add notifications or change them.

Thanks, Michiel.

access-rights notifications read-only

Created on Oct 22, 2018 2:40:30 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Mickey,

Not without giving them rights to modify sensor settings as well. Sorry, but this is a very specific user right, that we currently do not have a role for.

If you'd like to suggest this for a feature request, please follow the link below.

PRTG Feature Request

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Oct 23, 2018 10:11:05 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.