What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Using powershell script to request several servers at same time?

Votes:

I've created a powershell script, which requests if all servers made their last backup -> Script is working fine. Now I'm creating a sensor and adding this to the main server, but instead of the result everything is ok I'm getting this error message "Systemfehler: Cannot open log Veeam Agent on machine WJZ-SRV100. Windows has not provided an error code. At C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\custom sensors\EXE\VeeamLog.ps1:6 char:14 + ... $veeam = Get-EventLog -ComputerName $server -LogName 'Veeam (Code: PE022)"

powershell prtg script sensor

Created on Nov 5, 2018 1:34:45 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

What parameters are you using for the script? Did you already try to use the security context option?

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 5, 2018 7:04:16 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

thank you for the response, I'm using no parameters. What security context option do you mean?

Best Regards, Matej Vujicic

Created on Nov 8, 2018 1:19:00 PM

Votes:

In the sensor settings, you have a section "Security Context". When this is set to "Use credentials of parent device", is the sensor working afterwards?

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 9, 2018 9:01:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes!!! Thank you very much, switched the credentials and the sensor is working fine.

Best Regards Matej

Created on Nov 12, 2018 1:43:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.