What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

baramundi Custom Sensors throw errors

Votes:

Hello,

all of my three baramundi Custom Sensors throw following errors:

XML: Das zurückgelieferte XML entspricht nicht dem erwarteten Schema. (Code: PE233) -- JSON: Das zurückgelieferte JSON entspricht nicht der erwarteten Struktur (No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page). (Code: PE231)

I successfully set up the sensors like described on their github page. I copied the scripts and the lookups into the right directory. I reloaded the custom lookups. I successfully configured "Set-bConnectContext". But when I add these sensors as `EXE/Script Advanced` I get this error.

How can I fix this?

custom-script-exe custom-sensor exe-xml powershell prtg

Created on Nov 7, 2018 2:27:17 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Execution Policy configured correctly? This is most likely the issue here.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 7, 2018 3:14:28 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your answer, Stephan Linke. Yes, the execution policy is configured correctly. I don't know why, but after some time the sensors just started working correctly by themselves... I googled for answers and tabbed back to my PRTG Tab and the sensors received correct information :)

Created on Nov 7, 2018 3:29:33 PM

Votes:

Problems that resolve itself are the best problems :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 8, 2018 8:19:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

A thing that helped me at the end (beside the Execution Policy) was to set the a security flag in the Settings of the Baramundi Files itself.

Settings of the Baramundi File --> General --> Security --> Allow

You once have to set this to prevent the powershell asing "do you really want to execute this insecure script from the internet...." Set this for all the Baramundi script files.

Hope this helps.

Image description

Created on Feb 11, 2020 8:57:35 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.