What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Increasing the information included in email

Votes:

Hi,

We are using PRTG with a Mitel MiVB PBX.

We are getting alerts just fine when something on the system alarms such as SIP trunks failing which is fine but the information included in the email doesn't state what the issue is and requires us to log in to check. sometimes an alarm would be generated that we know about or can ignore but until we log in cant tell what the issue is.

Is there a way to view in PRTG the information received in the trap and perhaps include this in the email?

Thanks

Gavin

mitel mivb snmptraps

Created on Nov 16, 2018 9:24:27 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Traps should automatically be included in the notification mail; in fact, the last 20 traps including the one that triggered the error. How exactly did you configure the notification?

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 16, 2018 12:14:15 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I setup a PBX group then put my PBX in that group.

I setup the group Object Trigger to email all in a group should a sensor changes.

Regards

Gavin

Created on Nov 16, 2018 12:51:10 PM

Votes:

Can you verify that the notification is indeed inherited by the sensor and that it's not disabled in the notification tab of the same? There should be a table within the notification once the SNMP Trap Sensor causes the notification to be triggered, containing the corresponding traps.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 19, 2018 8:58:51 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Sorry to re-open this.

If I generate an alarm on the PBX, the PRTG server shows the alarm. If I look at the sensor last value is shows as almMajor.

Log entries show the following:

Parent= IP Address and Name
Type= SNMP Custom String
Object= Mitel ipera3000alm detect date
Status= Notify
Message= ä 9 

Any help to get the correct info would be appreciated..

Regards

Gavin

Created on Jan 15, 2020 1:21:52 PM

Last change on Jan 16, 2020 12:13:31 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm not exactly sure what log entries you're referring to - on the actual device? And you'd like to get that log entry into a notification?

Created on Jan 16, 2020 12:14:44 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.