What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

deleted ticketing database

Votes:

hi i worked with prtg ver: 17.3.33.2753+ and i cant upgrade my prtg, could you help me i want deleted ticketing database and start for first ticket number .

ticket-database tickets ver-17-3-33

Created on Nov 17, 2018 4:19:55 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

The ticket database resides in PRTG's data directory, which defaults to the following path:
C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Ticket Database\ticketdata.dat

Remove it, start the PRTG Core Server service and you should be good to go.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 19, 2018 10:53:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

sorry , in this version i havent this directory in prtg folder , and i search ticketdata.dat in all folder in my prtg sub folder and cant find this file!

Created on Nov 20, 2018 11:15:52 AM

Votes:

In this case, please open up the PRTG Administration Tool, navigate to the Core Server tab and check the data directory in the lower half. The Ticket Database directory will be in there for you to delete.

Kind regards,

Created on Nov 20, 2018 11:23:01 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

in my prtg administraror tool i have core and prob tab and on it my functions are : Proxy Configuration Probe Connection Settings Active Directory Integration Historic Data Purging

and cant see ticket database directory?

Created on Nov 21, 2018 9:01:22 AM

Votes:

That's the field I'm referring to:
The Ticket Database folder should be in the disclosed directory.

Kind regards,

Created on Nov 21, 2018 11:31:44 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for your answer i was founded my prtg folder and i serach in all folder and file in this folder to find any file and folder that contain ticket , but i cant find any ticket.dat or any related to ticketing database in this folder. i cant reset my ticket number or deleted my database for create again till now :(

Created on Dec 1, 2018 8:27:54 AM

Votes:

Well, it must be in the current PRTG data directory. What folders do you have in there?

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 3, 2018 7:06:14 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

all my folder is : 64 bit , cert , custom sensors , devicetemplates , dlltemp , download , helperlibs , language , locales , lookups , mib , notifications , prtg installer archive , prtg-installer-for-distribution , python34 , sensor sustem , snmplibs , support bundle , webroot

Created on Dec 8, 2018 1:12:07 PM

Votes:

This is your application directory, not the data directory as disclosed in the PRTG Administration Tool. Did you get that very path from there?

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 10, 2018 7:23:58 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.