What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

i want to automate the monitoring alerts in PRTG

Votes:

-how can automate the alerts so that respective person get proper alerts automatically. -can i run a script -or do i have any integration option to setup using APIs.

prtg-network-monitor snmp wmi

Created on Nov 29, 2018 10:09:47 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Could you elaborate this further? Did you already configure the default notifications within PRTG?

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 30, 2018 11:43:10 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes, but i want to automate the alerts depending on the priority and want to send the alerts to respective person in SAP department

Created on Nov 30, 2018 3:40:08 PM

Votes:

Then library-based notifications are the way to go, as the sensors will be automatically added once their priority is high enough, if there's a node you configured to filter for that (as there are other ways, such as tags, sensor types, etc.). But this should be what you're looking for. See also the Paessler website: How to set up notifications via the PRTG web interface.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 3, 2018 7:09:06 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 10:41:38 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

that helps, thank you

Created on Dec 3, 2018 3:40:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.