What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

80041003: The current user does not have permission to perform the action.

Votes:

Hello i am trying to monitor some service for our company but when i try to add wmi service sensor i get this error wmi works fine to all type of sensor cpu,memory etc

sensor wmi wmi-sensors

Created on Dec 3, 2018 11:13:32 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Is the user account you're using within the device' Windows Credential section having administrative credentials on the target appliance? That's necessary to properly read the services.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 4, 2018 12:22:00 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

same issue here. and works on some systems and others doesn't.

I was using a previous account with same permissions (domain admins) and yet I get this message.

Created on Dec 18, 2018 8:08:45 PM

Votes:

This usually stems from incorrect group memberships. Please configure as disclosed in My WMI Sensors don't work, what can I do?, they should work afterwards if configured properly. Please ensure that no firewall or antivirus application is blocking access to the server on either side.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 19, 2018 8:18:43 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.