What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom E-mail Notification

Votes:

Is there a way to send emails notification to a certain group? For instance, we would like to send emails nottification to the Intergration team regarding the servers/sensors that are managed by them and through another group send emails notification to the SysAdmin team regarding the servers/sensors that are managed by them. Is it posible?

Many thanks in advance.

email groups notifications

Created on Dec 5, 2018 4:12:25 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

@svenvandorst Thanks for chiming in!

@ifranca11 They [the notifications] are inherited from top to bottom. When you configure a notification on a Sensor, it will not be inherited upwards. If you'd like to only use this very notification instead of the inherited ones, open up the Notifications Triggers tab and enable Only use the triggers defined above :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 10, 2018 7:38:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 10, 2018 7:38:44 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

That's an option for the mail notification type. Send to mail, send to user, send to user group? :)

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 5, 2018 8:02:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your reply. I have already created the e-mail user and groups, however I am not able to set them separately by sensor or device pool. When I go to sensor>notifications there is a hierarchy from root and I cannot break it. Maybe there is way I just don´t know how. :->

Thanks. Regards, Igor

Created on Dec 7, 2018 9:05:09 AM

Votes:

Lets say you have two teams as you just described, both manage a different part of the network, Team A and Team B

You can make a library with sensors/servers/groups managed by Team A and create notification templates on a base of Team A e-mails. And the other library obviously with sensors/servers/groups managed by Team B with correct notification templates configured sending everything to Team B users.

Hope this helps.

Created on Dec 7, 2018 10:14:23 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

@svenvandorst Thanks for chiming in!

@ifranca11 They [the notifications] are inherited from top to bottom. When you configure a notification on a Sensor, it will not be inherited upwards. If you'd like to only use this very notification instead of the inherited ones, open up the Notifications Triggers tab and enable Only use the triggers defined above :)

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 10, 2018 7:38:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 10, 2018 7:38:44 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Stephan.

Created on Dec 10, 2018 8:11:19 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.