What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I integrate PRTG with Jira Service Desk?

Votes:

I need to integrate a customer PRTG (Ver 18) with his customer Jira Service Desk platform. Can I send notification messages to Jira? Any API as to red o capture notifications and open a Jira ticket? Thank you!

integration jira notifications tickets

Created on Dec 19, 2018 10:31:27 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Using Program notifications, PowerShell and the JiraPS module by Atlassian, you should be able to tinker with Jira in various ways :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 20, 2018 9:27:15 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

FYI: JiraPS is not made by Atlassian, but by a non affiliated open source community.

Created on Feb 16, 2021 6:15:42 PM

Votes:

Stephan, podrias poner un ejemplo?

Stephan, could you give an example?

Created on Jan 30, 2022 11:17:57 PM

Last change on Jan 31, 2022 6:09:01 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately, an example is somewhat far fetched. What exactly would you like to do/automate?

Created on Feb 1, 2022 2:27:05 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for answering.

I am trying that when an error alert is activated, send an email to jira, to a certain project and component

Created on Feb 3, 2022 10:19:56 PM

Votes:

Well you would use New-JiraIssue for this, including the previous authentication against your Jira instance. Example:

New-JiraIssue -Project "PRTG" -Type "Bug" -Summary "Test issue" -Credential (Get-Credential)

Note that it's difficult to have the issue in Jira linked back to PRTG, i.e. you would need to add a comment or tag to the Sensor with the returned JIRA issue ID, so you can automatically close the issue in Jira once the Sensor is up again. Perhaps NodeRED would also be suitable for this as it has a JIRA node as well as various HTTP ones.

Created on Feb 4, 2022 9:45:40 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am not interested in the issue being closed automatically, since I want the itops team to review what happened

Created on Feb 4, 2022 8:09:30 PM

Votes:

Then it would just be to create the new issue via the New-Issue cmdlet as described, in combination with the Execute Program notification. Make sure to follow our guide for PowerShell based custom Sensors. Step one is completely required, installation of the script would be done by copying it to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Notifications\EXE

Created on Feb 7, 2022 6:25:01 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.