What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

my prtg server has crashed

Votes:

Hello dears;

Today I've just updated my windows server 2012 R2 and after that I got the error 0xc0000225. I've tested these commands below, but nothing happened:

bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

I don't have any backup from my PRTG data, I have access to these data files via file system though. If there's a way to move PRTG data files and settings to another PRTG server in the file system context, please tell me how.

Thank you guys

prtg system-crash windows-2012-r2

Created on Dec 22, 2018 12:38:11 PM

Last change on Dec 24, 2018 6:30:14 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your contact.

That sounds not good and I hope that you will be able to restore the system. Please allow me to share a post of my colleague Sven. It described different approaches such as identifying the right directories, backing up PRTG or migrating it to another hosting machine.

Please let us know if this help you.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 24, 2018 6:34:53 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.