What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[OPEN] Feature Request: Allow Alerts To Be Separated Like Notifications

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want alerts to be separated, like notifications.

Details of User Story

We have several departments in a manufacturing environment. We can send e-mail and push notifications to them, but this requires department leaders to keep checking their phones and e-mails which is difficult for them to do. I would like the ability to separate out alerts like I do notifications, so the enterprise console only pops-up for a certain department instead of all of the alerts interrupting everyone, when half of them don't pertain to their department. Currently, the Enterprise Console alerts are an "all-or-nothing" alerting system and becomes unusable with all of our devices.

Acceptance criteria

• Allow filtered alerts within the EC or PRTG Desktop

Status

We're currently checking the feasibility of that within PRTG Desktop (as the EC won't receive new features).

add-feature alerts notifications prtg prtg-kbtracker

Created on Jan 9, 2019 8:27:20 PM

Last change on Jan 11, 2019 10:35:04 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.