What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Server reboot

Votes:

Hi, I have such configuration: PRTG Version PRTG Network Monitor 18.4.47.1962 x64 Auto-Update Status Version 18.4.47.1962 successfully installed Operating System Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (6.3 Build 9600),

I wish to reboot MS Server due to patching campaign. I can't find any guideline how to do it correctly.

Is it important to stop services/db's anything from PRGT before clicking shutdown.exe -r ?

prtg reboot windows-2012

Created on Jan 16, 2019 2:10:28 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

The services should be stopped gracefully once you shutdown/reboot the system anyway.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 17, 2019 6:56:33 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok. So there is no trigger in the system that I could not find like "Shutdown" "Restart" "Maintain" The system constantly getting data from the world probes and from an Administrator point of view when patching comes I just doing windows Reboot and the system is going to Stop services and start services normally

That's great news. thx

Created on Jan 17, 2019 7:40:15 AM

Votes:

Correct :) Nothing to worry about in this regard.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 17, 2019 8:57:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.