What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[OPEN] Customizable pause/acknowlede menu entries

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG user, I would like to have the possiblity to define my own pause/acknowlege menu entries.

Details of User Story

Current situation: for every pause/acknowledgement we have to enter the message manually. Furthermore, if we use other durations than currently proposed by Paessler, we need to change them every time. As we often use the same pauses/acknowledges it would be *very* helpful to have them directly in the correspondant menu.

Example menu entries for pause:

Example menu entries for acknowledgements:

• Message: "Problem passed to 3rd level support", duration: 2 hours
  • Message: "Should be solved with next automatic reboot", duration: 1 day

Acceptance Criteria

1. You can create custom entries for the pause/acknowledge menu
  2. It needs a configuration possibility for the pause/acknowledgement entries each, giving the possibility to enter the duration and the message.
  3. Not used entries need to be deletable.

Status

Open

add-feature improve-prtg prtg-kbtracker

Created on Jan 28, 2019 11:23:06 AM

Last change on Jan 28, 2019 12:14:56 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.