What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Server group uptime displayed in a map

Votes:

Hello,

it is possible to create a map where I can see the server uptime in days from a server group?

Thanks in advanced Tim

map maps system-uptime

Created on Jan 31, 2019 12:22:41 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

What do you want to see? The uptime per server or the min. and max. values within the group?

In theory sensors like the Business Process Sensor or the Sensor Factory Sensor might be helpful here as well.

Or you use Libraries and filter for the sensors within the dedicated group.

Possible - sure - but it all depends on what you really want to archive in detail. What's the purpose and how should it look like.

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Jan 31, 2019 2:21:43 PM

Votes:

Hi Florian,

thanks for your short feedback. I'm sorry that I have not described it in more detail.

The purpose should be that a NON IT person can have a look at a "published map", and on this published map he could see that server number 5678 is up and running for 30 days! Withouht to login to PRTG

Now the example: I have a group with 10 servers, for these group I've created a map used the "device tree" options. So all server will be displayed.

Additionally on this map, we want to have a view from the group with the 10 servers where the "server uptime" will be displayed. How long the servers in that group are up and running without a reboot.

Like: Server Group 1 - server1234 -> uptime 10 days - server5678 -> uptime 30 days - server6789 -> uptime 1 day

We know it's possible to have a look at this uptime sensor via the "sensors with status up" and set a filter to "uptime", but therefore a non IT colleague needs a PRTG account.

Hope it's a little bit clearer.

Thanks in advanced Tim

Created on Feb 1, 2019 6:27:07 AM

Votes:

So, something like this?

Server #1Server #2Server #3Server #4
23 Days 4h 32m2 Days 1h 2m1h 20m2h 42m

Easiest would be to place the uptime sensors next to each other and a text field (Custom HTML Object) above it :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 1, 2019 9:39:14 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

yes something like this. :) The topic is, did I need to add the servers manually with the uptime sensor or it is possible to get the uptime sensor from a server group?

And what kind of HTML query should I use then? That's my problem right now.

Thanks Tim

Created on Feb 1, 2019 10:28:44 AM

Votes:

If you aggregate the uptime sensors of all devices in one Sensor with the Sensor Factory Sensor (like Florian mentioned) and then use the "Channel (Gauges)" map object to display it on a map. "Data tables (Channels)" would also work, but doesn't scale on large displays.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 1, 2019 11:00:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.