What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Get maps from PRTG API

Votes:

Hey!

I'm trying to use secure way to get PRTG maps inside webpage. I know that there is a way to have HTML code for maps when it's Public access setting is set to Allow Public access. This doesn't seem very secure way for me. Therefore I would suggest if the map picture would be possible to get from PRTG API as it's already possible with live graphs.

Could this feature be possible in future or how would you suggest to implement this?

api maps prtg

Created on Mar 11, 2019 8:59:55 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

I'm afraid that it's not possible to retrieve the source code of maps (or the maps themselves) via API. Having the maps behind a URL with a key would be an option, sans the login data. Did you consider that already?

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 11, 2019 12:40:04 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Do you mean that the map is served as link? It's not really what we would want. We would want to get the map embedded to website.

Created on Mar 11, 2019 1:04:06 PM

Votes:

Then you will need to allow public access and use the Option 3 in the Get HTML tab. Sorry, no way around that. Note that this key cannot be used for logging into PRTG. It's just a secret key to access the map and nothing else.

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 11, 2019 1:20:21 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 11, 2019 1:20:46 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.