What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connection could not be established (code: PE015)

Votes:

We have a server with multiple sensors and all work with the exception of WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Disk) i have removed and re-added and even removed the whole server and re added and let it detect sensors - all which it detects work flawlessly - as soon as i add WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Disk) it doe snot work and says its down.

Using the Paessler WMI test tool i run all the WMI tests to the server and they pass including SELECT * FROM Win32_logicaldisk which shows free disk space normally.

Credentials are inherited from the parent and other sensors like CPU, PING and RDP show up fine.

any further hints?

code-pe015 pe015 wmi-sensors

Created on Mar 22, 2019 5:23:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the contact.

Please review the following article and its problem solving approaches to solve this issue:
Why do I receive the sensor error message 'Connection could not be established (code: PE015)'?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 22, 2019 9:16:52 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.