What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Epson Laser Projector

Votes:

We have implemented many Epson PowerLite 700U WUXGA Ultra-short Throw Laser Projectors across our campus. We are currently monitoring them via ping to verify they're on the network. I was wondering if there's anyway PRTG can monitor lamp hours and if they're on or off. We'd like to verify every day that all projectors are powered off and we though PRTG would be a easy way of doing this.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

monitoring pjlink prtg

Created on Mar 29, 2019 10:06:17 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

While the beamer does support SNMP (impressive enough), I can't find any information regarding MIBs or OIDs for the device. I guess you'll need to ask Epson about those and use the SNMP Custom Advanced Sensor :)

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 1, 2019 7:03:09 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just use PJLink for this - I googled it and found that the Projector should support this.

There is an KB entry somewhere here - or just go to my website where you find the exact same information: https://www.it-admins.com/?s=pjlink

Hope this helps :-)

Regards

Florian Rossmark

Created on Apr 1, 2019 4:01:42 PM

Votes:

Nice, I wasn't aware of that one :) Thanks!

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 1, 2019 6:14:29 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.