What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to add DNS/IP address of devices in the report?

Votes:

Hi, I would like to ask on how to add IP address of devices into the report. I have searched the subfolder but I cant find the folder or htm files for alteration. Please assist me

device dns ip-address report

Created on May 2, 2019 8:50:49 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Ajiemwadud,

Which type of report are you running? The easiest way to do this would be to use the API, as long as you've put in IP addresses and not DNS addresses for the devices in PRTG.

Let me know what kind of data you're looking for, and I can give you the API call to use.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on May 2, 2019 5:49:16 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

As in the template of list of sensors (with 1h graph) report, I would like to add another row of IP address of the device in the probe, group, device section. So that it can show the device's IP address in the report. But I cant look for the function or the subfolder containing the IP address to be called in the reporttemplate in the PRTG server

Created on May 3, 2019 1:28:40 AM

Votes:

Ajiemwadud,

Here is the link to the KB that talks about everything we can do in terms of modifying reports.

Modify PRTG's Report Templates

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on May 3, 2019 10:01:41 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.