What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG maps add a table like the one that appears when creating a custom table sensor

Votes:

Hi,

When adding the custom table sensor, during the creation process Prtg will display a screen which allows you to select the channels and sensors per channel which you want. During that time PRTG will also display the full table it retreived.

Table

I am curious to see if it is possible to add the above table (including the string values ) to a map and keep it up to date like a sensor? It doesn't need to include warnings, or errors or something, I will create seperate sensors for that, this is purely for a simple and clean overview on the map.

Thanks!

maps prtg table

Created on May 3, 2019 8:02:58 AM

Last change on May 3, 2019 10:08:55 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

3 Replies

Votes:

Netwerkbeheerder01,

I cannot see the image you linked here, as it goes to a page that says it doesn't exist.
But in regards to your inquiry, such an object would require some hefty coding, and isn't something we have planned at this time.
If you would like to make a feature request for this, please follow this link.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on May 3, 2019 10:11:42 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your answer! This is the image I was trying to link to: https://imgur.com/a/YnrrqfO I figured that since PRTG is able to generate this table during the creation process of the sensor, it might also be able to simply display it on a map. But if it's not possible and requires a lot of coding I will simply leave it be for the time being.

Thanks again.

Created on May 6, 2019 6:50:02 AM

Votes:

Netwerkbeheerder01,

Yes, this would require some custom coding to accomplish.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on May 6, 2019 5:18:38 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.