Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!
Currently, I have to follow the following steps for each device vendor:
- Download the vendor's icon as a png (e.g. https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?domain=www.cambiumnetworks.com)
- Rename the icon to "vendors_" plus the name of the vendor (e.g. "vendors_cambium.png")
- Resize the icon to 14x14 pixel (e.g. use https://github.com/bricelam/ImageResizer/releases)
- Copy the icon into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\icons\devices" directory on the PRTG server
Please could PRTG consider:
- Using the very common 16x16 pixel size, which would allow easy importing of favicons for example.
- Having a field for the vendor URL and automatically fetching its favicon—like a web browser bookmark does (or at least a button to allow importing icon).