What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

consistend Backup (through VSS) of Database

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to have an easy and reliable way to backup our PRTG servers via our (veeam) backup solution.

Details of User Story

In your current kb you are saying: "To get a complete and 100% CONSISTENT backup of the databases (for example, log database, monitoring database, Toplist database, Ticket database), please stop the PRTG core server while running the actual backup process. "

Until a few days ago, this worked for us by triggering a cmd with net start/stop by veeam before and after the snapshot of the vm, but after the latest prtg update, the starting of the service seems to exceed some timeout (about 20sek) which a cannot control even by registry entry (ServicesPipeTimeout) of windows. The Service is starting fine anyway after that, but net start is reporting back an error.

Acceptance criteria

• Criterion #1 I think the best (and easiest?) solution would be to implement VSS to get the database in a consistent state because Veeam (any many other backup solutions) are supporting this and therefor, a 100% consistent backup would be made easily achievable.

Status

Open

add-feature backup vss

Created on Jun 5, 2019 6:13:29 AM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.