What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Helpdesk Integration

Votes:

I've introduced PRTG to the company I've recently started working for and they have been impressed with the product and what it is providing, so much so that we've signed a client up on a 1000 sensor licence for three years! One of the questions that has been asked is whether we can manage the Alarms using the existing Helpdesk Software (ServiceDesk Plus)?

Rather than manage the alarms in two places (One alert in the Servicedesk system and another in PRTG) they would like the Notification to be sent to our support email which would automatically generate a ticket and when the ticket is closed on the Servicedesk a response to go back the other way which triggers the close ticket action within PRTG.

Is this possible and, if it is, how would we go about configuring it?

Thanks

alarms customisation servicedesk

Created on Jun 5, 2019 8:46:28 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Happy to hear that you're happy with PRTG! :) The problem with scenarios like that is that, while opening a new ticket within a ServiceDesk might not be an issue, the closing of the same is, as you can't store incident numbers within PRTG. The only way I could think of is to come up with some kind of man in the middle that is running with PRTGapi (see my signature) that handles the incidents between the two.

One would need to maintain a small database that allows to connect issues (i.e. down states) with actual tickets. Or you could create the case via API in ServiceDesk Plus and use the returned incident number as a tag in the object that is down. Once the issue is resolved, you remove the incident number from the object. Something like that, but it might be a bit of work.

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 5, 2019 10:41:53 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We would be super interested in that interaction between SD Plus and PRTG as well.

Created on Jul 10, 2019 4:32:17 AM

Votes:

Well, what ServiceDesk system are you using?

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 10, 2019 10:06:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I think he use Manage Engine Service Desk Plus, I am also interested in this integration posibility. I already use PRTG and I love IT, I want to see the Open Tickets on my PRTG Maps. There is a Way to make this?

Created on Nov 3, 2022 1:53:32 PM

Votes:

Hey Juan,

You'll find all needed information for this link.

Created on Nov 8, 2022 8:22:49 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Adding to this old thread. Same as @RNZ i would love integration with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Created on Feb 18, 2023 9:45:11 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.