What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

UPS-Mib - Error 223 using table

Votes:

I'm trying to add a Acumentric UPS to PRTG and have been working with Tech Support, but I can't seem to grasp what they are trying to explain to me no matter how hard they try. Bless their hearts for trying to get it thru my thick skull.

I can use a mib-browser and get the info I am asking for is part of the output table. If I add the 3 OIDs as individual custom sensors, then they work fine. However, if I try to add more than 1x of the OIDs to a custom advanced sensor, then it it comes back with SNMP error 223. I can have other OIDs with 1x of the output OIDs and it works fine. The moment I add a second OID from the Output Table, things crash. If I create a custom table with the Output Table, it does now work either.

Since the sensors work under custom, it makes me believe I am just doing something wrong somewhere.

I am trying the following table (1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4) OIDs (1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.2, 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.4 & 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.5) as they are the only OIDs that return info for that table. When I put them as Custom, or Custom Advanced, I put them as 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.2.1, 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.4.1 & 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.5.1, which works for Custom.

My plan was to do a custom Advance and add these outputs, along with some other readings. Kind of like what someone put in a UPS Health template. So I don't need the SNMP Custom Table working so much, I would prefer to find a way to make SNMP Custom Advance work so I can create a template.

Thank you for any guidance or suggestions anyone can provide.

prtg snmp snmp-custom-sensor snmp-custom-table ups-mib

Created on Jun 14, 2019 2:54:20 PM

Last change on Jun 14, 2019 7:08:48 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Thank you all for trying to help. Paessler was able to figure out my issue and I thought I should post is here, in case anyone else has the same problem. I had to make a edit my Device - "SNMP Compatibility Options". I had to set "Request Mode" to "single get". Once I did this, my device sensors, the ones that weren't working before, started responding and now everything is fine.

-Oz

Created on Nov 19, 2019 2:33:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Any luck on this? SNMP error 223 is no such instance. I'm just guessing here but I think the reason you get the error when you add more than 1x of the OID is the device is unable to match/call the OID request to an object in the device. Can you maybe check if the 'ifname' or 'ifindex' for the interface is there? A difference in this name can also cause the error. Since you're adding a custom advanced sensor you should be able to edit it.

Created on Sep 9, 2019 4:32:30 AM

Votes:

Hi Toy, Thanks for assisting :)

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 9, 2019 11:57:59 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Thank you all for trying to help. Paessler was able to figure out my issue and I thought I should post is here, in case anyone else has the same problem. I had to make a edit my Device - "SNMP Compatibility Options". I had to set "Request Mode" to "single get". Once I did this, my device sensors, the ones that weren't working before, started responding and now everything is fine.

-Oz

Created on Nov 19, 2019 2:33:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.