What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Content Sensor

Votes:

Hi. I looked the forms up about "How to use HTTP Content Sensor" on PRTG Web Page. It says: "You should fill the script from your URL, you should make value type Float and make number of channels 2. I did all of them but i got different error. It says on one of web sites "Unexpected Format: if IE 9" , it says for anathor web sites "Unexpected Format: CDATA[...]", or for another web site "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". So i couldn't understand anything this result. If you have some answer please can you help me.

content http prtg sensor

Created on Jul 3, 2019 8:03:16 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

What PRTG version are you currently using? And what is it you'd like to check, actually?

Created on Jul 3, 2019 10:15:02 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi ! I use PRTG API Version 17.3.33.2753+. And I want to check contents of subdomain or websites.

Thank you.

Created on Jul 4, 2019 8:42:12 AM

Votes:

You probably want to check the HTTP Advanced Sensor, as the HTTP Content Sensor only checks values in brackets and not the actual content of the website, via regex for example.

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 5, 2019 1:37:24 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.